Crisis prevention and crisis communication
Preparation: being able to act
Corporate crises are manifold - and often an unfavourable situation only develops into a crisis if communication errors are made in the course of the crisis. We prepare your organization in such a way that you are able to act in the shock state of the first hours and have all possibilities for transparent communication during the crisis:
- Preparation of a crisis manual: The individual and indispensable guide for crisis prevention and management
- Measures and tools for risk identification
- Defining roles and responsibilities in your crisis team
- Definition of target groups and channels for your crisis communication
- Media training for your management
- Preparation of statements, key messages and communication templates
- Preparation of social media channels and a darksite
In the crisis: keep a cool head
In an emergency, it is important to keep a cool head. Communication plays an important role here: if it is transparent, swift and well thought out, it can prevent considerable damage to the public perception. We help you as a company to retain the information sovereignty in the crisis and become the first source of facts and information for journalists, employees and other interested parties:
- Writing crisis statements (internal/external) and press releases
- Contact point for the media and organisation of press conferences
- Collecting FAQ's and further development during the crisis
- Ad-hoc media training for your management and spokesperson
- Support for your social media channels or advice on how to proceed
- Media and social media monitoring for the period of the acute crisis and recommendations for action derived from this
- In the further course of the crisis we remain your consultant and sparring partner for all further communication measures.
Follow-up: learning from mistakes
The follow-up of a crisis is important in order to be (even) better prepared for the next time. Therefore we evaluate the past case together with you and set up a plan for necessary changes:
- Evaluation of the implemented communication measures
- Impact of the crisis on company values: reputation, employees, finances, etc.
- Review of the processes: good and bad examples, perception of responsibility, team capacities, etc.
- Follow-up communication to all stakeholders
- Setting up an optimization strategy and tracking its implementation
A chance for storytelling
Remember, events create stories - and after a crisis, there will be countless opportunities to collect and share stories from an organization. Be it special creativity, extraordinary solutions or even difficult situations - whatever can be concluded from your storytelling: The view of your company becomes more personal through stories.